Are you passionate about European issues and contributing to a pan-European dialogue?
E&M is looking for passionate and inventive contributors across all forms of multimedia.
We accept applications for all positions year-round via our dedicated email address, but look out on this page for calls for specific positions.
Creative minds wanted!
Do you want to make your voice heard about European issues? Show your perspective on topics that make your heart pound and transport your audience to the heart of Europe!
As a contributor to E&M, you will be published on a Charlemagne Award -winning online platform with a wide international readership. We see our mission as providing a truly European perspective on issues from the obvious to the esoteric, from the EU to marriage agencies in Ukraine.
Take it from us, this is a wonderful way to gain journalistic experience and produce some fantastic and exciting things.
You will have the freedom to pursue your own journalistic interests, supported by our team of dedicated editors. This is a unique chance to get involved with an exciting, modern, and truly transnational project. All we ask for in return is a commitment to creating a minimum of two pieces of content for the magazine, or our Sixth Sense current affairs blog each year.
Journalistic experience is an advantage, but it is not essential. If you are under 35 years of age and are keen to make a contribution towards an international dialogue about Europe, we want you to apply.
We welcome applications from a wildly diverse range of people — past and current editors hail from places as far-flung as Brazil and Hong Kong — with a diverse range of talents. If this sounds like you, your challenge is to excite us.
- Researching and writing articles (or blog entries) for the magazine, including communication with section editors
- Blogging from events around Europe
- Taking photos or video footage of people, events and landscapes to illustrate our stories or publish as standalone multimedia journalism
- A mixture of the above
To apply please email application[at]europeandme.eu with ‘Editorial Application’ in the subject line, and attach the following:
- Your motivation: A short paragraph explaining why you want to work for E&M.
- Some ideas: Please tell us some areas/tasks you would like to address in your work for E&M. e.g. writing articles for a particular section/sections, proofreading.
- Work examples: Please attach or link to examples of your work( journalistic writing samples, photos etc.). Academic writing is not appropriate.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at application[at]europeandme.eu.